By Raphael A. Finkel
By Roger Baig Vinas, Francesc Auli Llinas
By Paul Thurrott
Could be shipped from US. Used books would possibly not comprise better half fabrics, could have a few shelf put on, might comprise highlighting/notes, would possibly not contain CDs or entry codes. a hundred% a reimbursement warrantly.
By Hamish Sanderson, Hanaan Rosenthal
AppleScript is an English-like, easy-to-understand scripting language outfitted into each Mac. AppleScript can automate 1000s of AppleScript-able functions, appearing projects either huge and small, complicated and simple.
Learn AppleScript: the great consultant to Scripting and Automation on Mac OS X, 3rd Edition has been thoroughly up to date for Mac OS X Snow Leopard. It’s all right here, with an emphasis on sensible details that can assist you resolve any automation problem—from the main mundane repetitive projects to hugely built-in workflows of complicated systems.
- Friendly adequate for novices, precise sufficient for complicated AppleScripters
- Includes significant contributions from specialist AppleScripters: Emmanuel Levy, Harald Monihart, Ian Piper, Shane Stanley, Barry Wainwright, Craig Williams, and foreword via AppleScript inventor, William prepare dinner
What you’ll learn
- See how AppleScript represents details as objects—including numbers, strings, lists, and documents.
- Learn how you can control those gadgets utilizing instructions and operators, and the way to shop them in variables.
- Organize your code utilizing handlers and script items.
- Understand how functions describe their items and instructions in dictionaries and the way to interpret that info while studying to script functions.
- Manipulate the Mac OS X dossier procedure.
- Automate iTunes, Mail, iCal, and different renowned way of life functions in Mac OS X.
- Discover subtle textual content processing innovations utilizing typical expressions.
- Script specialist productiveness applications—Apple iWork, Microsoft place of work, FileMaker professional, and Adobe InDesign.
- Harness the facility of the Unix command line in Mac OS X.
- Create your individual Cocoa purposes with the hot AppleScriptObjC bridge.
Who this ebook is for
- First-time scripters who are looking to automate initiatives on their Macs
- Existing AppleScripters trying to enhance expert, specialist, or guru-level wisdom and skills
- Professional Mac OS X builders wishing to appreciate this strong and pervasive technology
By Jon Lasser
Unix has a name for being cryptic and hard to profit, however it does not must be that manner. imagine Unix takes an identical method of that of a grammar booklet. instead of educating person phrases or words like so much books, imagine Unix teaches the set of logical constructions to be discovered. Myriad examples assist you research person instructions, and perform difficulties on the finish of inauspicious sections assist you research the sensible facet of Unix. robust realization is paid to studying the best way to learn "man pages," the normal documentation on all Unix platforms, together with Linux. whereas so much books easily let you know that guy pages exist and spend a while educating how you can use the fellow command, none spend any major quantity of area instructing tips on how to use the content material of the fellow pages. no matter if you're misplaced on the Unix command suggested, you could research subsystems which are particular to the Unix taste.
By Beezix Inc
4 web page laminated fast reference consultant exhibiting step by step directions and shortcuts for the way to exploit Mac OS X El Capitan. Written with Beezix's trademark specialise in readability, accuracy, and the user's viewpoint, this advisor can be a invaluable source to enhance your talent in utilizing Mac OS X El Capitan. This advisor is acceptable as a coaching handout, or just a simple to exploit reference consultant, for any kind of person.
The following subject matters are covered:
Starting an App (a Program); utilizing the Secondary/Right click on; Connecting to a wireless community; beginning documents & Folders; operating with home windows; including a Printer; utilizing Stacks (Folder Shortcuts within the Dock); discovering the Cursor; including a Printer.
Accessing lately Used documents, Apps, or Servers; Switching among operating Apps or home windows; Viewing home windows while; Quitting an App; Quitting a Frozen App; including an App to the Dock; relocating the Dock; Hiding the Dock; Hiding the Menu Bar.
Searching with highlight; utilizing Dictation; utilizing textual content to Speech; utilizing the Dictionary; utilizing Notifications; utilizing precise Characters.
Using a number of monitors; utilizing areas (Virtual Desktops).
Using the dossier approach: altering perspectives; Renaming documents or Folders; Sorting records and Folders; Previewing records utilizing Quicklook; making a Folder; picking a number of goods; relocating or Copying records or Folders; utilizing Tabs in Finder; fast Sharing documents or Folders; Compressing documents or Folders; Tagging records or Folders; Deleting documents or Folders. Copying the Pathname for Files/Folders.
Using the procedure personal tastes; altering Login Password; including net debts; Unlocking Settings; coping with Extensions; altering iCloud Settings.
Converting a dossier to a PDF; Taking Screenshots.
Installing New Apps: discovering and fitting Apps within the App shop; Updating OS X & bought Apps; different App Sources.
Ending Your laptop Session.
Includes an inventory of Keyboard Shortcuts, Trackpad Gestures, and hyperlinks to web publication posts for extra certain subjects.
Other similar titles are: iOS nine creation for iPad, iPhone, and iPod contact (ISBN 978-1944684037); iOS nine Mail, Contacts & Calendar for iPad, iPhone, and iPod contact (ISBN 978-1944684044); Mac OS X Mavericks advent (ISBN 978-1939791061).
By Joseph Kong
Device drivers make sure that your software program to speak along with your undefined, and since each working approach has particular specifications, motive force writing is nontrivial. while constructing for FreeBSD, you have got most likely needed to scour the web and dig in the course of the kernel assets to determine tips to write the drivers you would like. fortunately, that prevents now. In FreeBSD machine Drivers, Joseph Kong will educate you ways to grasp every little thing from the fundamentals of creating and operating loadable kernel modules to extra advanced subject matters like thread synchronization. After a crash direction within the diverse FreeBSD driving force frameworks, wide educational sections dissect real-world drivers just like the parallel port printer driver.
- All approximately Newbus, the infrastructure utilized by FreeBSD to control the units in your system
- How to paintings with ISA, PCI, USB, and different buses
- The top how you can keep watch over and speak with the units from person space
- How to exploit Direct reminiscence entry (DMA) for max method performance
- The internal workings of the digital null modem terminal motive force, the USB printer motive force, the Intel PCI Gigabit Ethernet adapter driving force, and different very important drivers
- How to exploit universal entry approach (CAM) to control host bus adapters (HBAs)
Concise descriptions and broad annotations stroll you thru the numerous code examples. do not waste time looking guy pages or digging throughout the kernel resources to determine how one can make that arcane little bit of paintings along with your procedure. FreeBSD gadget Drivers promises the framework it is advisable write any motive force you will want, now.
By Beck M., Bohme H., Dziadzka M.
Explains the interior mechanisms of Linux from method scheduling to reminiscence administration and dossier structures