By Christopher M. Nichols, Visit Amazon's Nancy C. Unger Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Nancy C. Unger,
A better half to the Gilded Age and revolutionary period presents a set of recent historiographic essays overlaying the years among 1877 and 1920, a interval which observed the U.S. emerge from the ashes of Reconstruction to turn into a global power.
- The unmarried, definitive source for the most recent country of data when it comes to the historical past and historiography of the Gilded Age and innovative Era
- Features contributions by way of major students in quite a lot of proper specialties
- Coverage of the interval contains geographic, social, cultural, monetary, political, diplomatic, ethnic, racial, gendered, spiritual, worldwide, and ecological subject matters and approaches
- In today’s period, also known as a “second Gilded Age,” this e-book deals appropriate historic research of the standards that helped create modern society
- Fills a massive chronological hole in period-based American background collections
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Gilded Age and Progressive Era (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best Americas books
For the 1st time in view that his unlock from a Russian criminal in 1962, pilot Francis Gary Powers finds the entire tale of the main sensational espionage case in chilly struggle background: the U-2 incident.
In 1513, just a couple of years prior to Cortes conquered the Aztec empire, Juan Ponce de Leon and 3 shiploads of conquistadores landed simply south of what's now St. Augustine, Florida. The Spanish adventurers, besides the fact that, have been quick pushed away through the Timucua humans; extra landings have been equally defeated via the intense archers of the Calusa, who eventually took the lives of Hernandez de Cordoba and Ponce de Leon himself.
"The American Dream" is among the such a lot frequent and resonant words in our nationwide lexicon, so well-known that we seldom pause to invite its starting place, its heritage, or what it truly capacity. during this interesting brief historical past, Jim Cullen explores the that means of the yankee Dream, or relatively different American goals that experience either mirrored and formed American id from the Pilgrims to the current.
During this attractive booklet, one of many superior artwork historians on the earth strains how solid shadows were depicted in Western paintings in the course of the centuries. E. H. Gombrich discusses the way in which shadows have been represented through seventeenth-century artists after which describes how Romantic, Impressionist, and Surrealist artists exploited the machine of the solid shadow to reinforce the semblance of realism or drama of their representations.
Additional resources for A Companion to the Gilded Age and Progressive Era (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)